Beyond The White Noise

EVP or ELECTRONIC VOICE PHENOMENA is very popular area of Paranormal Research. Basically, voices found on static or background noise.

EVP cannot be heard at the moment when the evidence is recorded. It can only be heard through electronic playback. Many skeptics say that EVP is only the result of the tendency of the human brain to recognize patterns in random stimuli known as auditory pareidolia. Paranormal grounds for the origin of EVP include living humans imprinting thoughts directly on an electronic medium through psychokinesis and communication by discarnate entities such as spirits, natural energies, beings from other dimensions, or aliens.

However there is a theory that is said to move way past the technical glitches of electronic devices. The normal person in a very quite room tend to hear a ringing sound, like static called white noise. There are some people that tend to go way past the boundaries of the human sense of hearing. They are ultra sensitive to sound that they could hear beyond the white noise and could hear a different frequency where the voices of spirits could be heard.

It is said that anyone who is hearing white noise can try to concentrate in order to hear what is beyond the sound of silence. 

You need to be a member of BooAlert to add comments!

Join BooAlert

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What about EVPs which are direct answers to questions that are asked, or in direct relationship to discussions? Do you think those can be real voices of the spirit realm?

I suppose it depends on the trust you have in the person who captured the EVPs??

• Personally, I only believe what I've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears. You can do anything with technology nowadays. 

• I'm doubtful about it too... but anything is possible. From all the EVPs I've heard so far doesn't impress me..

• I don't believe in EVP"S.  It's like photoshop-you can make it into anything you want.

• I'm not much into the EVP thing. I think if you are meant to hear something, then you will definitely hear it.

• I agree with Tri-City on EVP. It seems anything could sound like a human voice on tape, or the tape itself could be manipulated to make it sound human.

• Hi Trey! Yes, that reminds me of a story an Egyptian friend told me. He and his cousin found a tomb-untouched. Before they enter it, they let it air out for several days. They also brought in a religious man to rid it of evil curses; unfortunately, it didn't work. After only several minutes, the religious man came running out white as a ghost himself. He was so traumatised that he couldn't speak. To this day, no one knows what he witnessed. With the enticement of possible treasure within, the cousins mustered the nerve to enter the tomb themselves. As they began to walk in, they heard in their head (not ears), "if you enter this tomb, you will die." At the same moment, they both saw a 6ft cat and owl with red eyes. They high-tailed it out of there!

• yes I agree. But only the most sensitive ones actually hear paranormal voices without the aid of recording or digital devices. 

• I think this is one way the investigators communicate with the spirit world.

• Way too technical for me. I only hear what my ears hear. Nothing more, nothing less.

This reply was deleted.