About Black Dog sightings

3206778758?profile=original

The Black Dog legend, usually found and heard from around the Britain is often associated with hellhounds. As i have said in a post before about black dogs, they are often harbingers of something bad. Once you've seen one, it is unmistakable. They are huge and are comparatively larger than the average dog. Almost always their ears are alert and their eyes glowing red. Often times these creatures are spotted in crossroads, which is also relevant to myths regarding the devil, and also ancient execution and/or burial grounds. 

Once thought to be exclusive to the British Isles...black dog sightings are now widespread across the world. And unsurprisingly so, almost all cultures regard it as evil. Common sightings outside of Britain include: southern regions in the US, latin america, south east asia (especially the philippines), and China. 

No one really knows what they want or what their purpose here on our plane of existence, but some say they are signs of the devil and the end times.

References:

Sherwood, Simon J. (2010) Apparitons of Black Dogs in Smith, Matthew D. (ed.) Anomalous Experiences: Essays from Parapsychological and Psychological Perspectives, McFarland, ISBN 978-0-7864-4398-7

You need to be a member of BooAlert to add comments!

Join BooAlert

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree! Goats have evil looking eyes. Not too fond of them myself. 

• I'm also freaked out by goats. :p

Toby said:

I just found other animals associated with evil >pigs>rats>snakes>goats and pretty much any black animal. It's funny goats are mentioned, because they have eerie eyes. I do like grilled goat meat though!

About Black Dog sightings
    The Black Dog legend, usually found and heard from around the Britain is often associated with hellhounds. As i have said in a post before about blac…
  • Miharu said that in her country, it does not matter what color the thing is...as long as you feel that it emanates negative energy, i would just run...very FAST! :D Well anyway,  i am still learning stuff about these kinds of things, so i am not sure myself.

• Does anyone know what yellow/white dogs mean? I guess evil can come in all colors. 

• I just found other animals associated with evil >pigs>rats>snakes>goats and pretty much any black animal. It's funny goats are mentioned, because they have eerie eyes. I do like grilled goat meat though!

• Oh, Hi Miharu! :D

• Holy crap, i searched black dog legend on google and they also have one at Connecticut called The Black Dog of Meriden which prowls around the small town without a sound and where it steps it does not leave prints or disturb dust. I mean jeez, that is freaky.

• Hi Chloe! Hi Danny. Well, i wont discount them as purely myth just yet. I read about sightings in Louisiana, Peru, and Britain and they sure are very numerous. Plus, it does not help that my very own grandmother would tell stories about these things every afternoon...sheessh. But somehow, i'm partially hoping that a brave (crazy) cyrptozoologist would actually manage to study about these here dawgs. 

• Gee Whiz! I would hate to run across one of them or worse, to be chased by one! Is it real or just a myth/folklore? 

This reply was deleted.