Replies

• According to the tour guide, the homestead no longer exists and they are not sure where it was located. But she said something of interest, she talked of the Indian burial grounds and it seemed to me that she may feel that a lot of paranormal activity manifest from this site. I do recall the movie Amityville Horror where the house was built over an Indian burial ground. The residents of the home were plagued by maleficent spirits.....so maybe not only is the bell witch plagues the cave but the disturbed spirits of the Paleo Indians !

• We went there in May when we traveled the sites of Nashville and surrounding area

We took the tour of the cave which the tour guide stated was on the national registry. She said we could take pictures but no video cameras so I used my phone to take short video shots as we toured the cave. I used the booalert app and did not get any activity but the tour, nonetheless, was fun and interesting! The tour guide stated that many people whom had taken photos had interesting scenes come into the photo which she showed everyone in the tour. One picture had an image of legs and arms with an orb head, another was just an orb. There was a stone assembled grave she said was for an Indian child 2000 years ago. She went on to say that there was an Indian burial grounds above us that dated to 3-4000 years according to an Archeologist they spoke to regarding bones discovered on the premise 

I was anxious to go to the Indian burial grounds but that tour was not offered until the evening

I will post the clip of our trek through the cave. I recommend anyone to take the tour it was definitely worth the trip

• Very interesting. I'd like to go and check it out for myself.

• interesting

• I'm thinking about going to the Bell Witch old homestead. Is anyone interested in going?

• It's true John, the bell witch is a true story and I've heard about it since I was 8 yrs. My mom and grandma went down there to check it out. They said it was a creepy place, They saw the cave and current owners home. Overall, they said they could feel the hauntings. I never went their myself but it's on my bucket list.

• This is probably one of the best ghost stories ever told.

• I read the link. Some things could be exaggerated a bit, but the overall story is probably real.

• I have no doubt that this is a true story. The haunting were recorded for 3 straight years beginning in 1817. This is just one site where I found the history.  http://paranormal.about.com/od/trueghoststories/a/aa041706.htm

• I think it is a true story too. Bell was a farmer. He would have no benefit to make up a story about witches and ghosts. Don't believe everything on wikipedia. Anyone can say what they want on it. Even universities will not let students use it as a source. 

This reply was deleted.