cryptozoology

Cryptozoology as we all know is the study of creatures whose existence has not yet been proved scientifically or whose existence still lacks physical evidence like the Yeti and Nessie. Despite being considered as a fringe science by many, it has since gathered a large following and attention.

According to a Dr. Eberhart who has written for The Journal of Scientific Exploration, there are ten types of creatures which can fall under the Cryptozoology umbrella.

1. Animals which continuously appear outside of their normal environs. (Large felines in Britain)

2. Abnormally large variations of otherwise known species. (Giant snakes, two headed dogs) 

3. Supposedly recently extinct creatures that has been reportedly sighted. (Tasmanian Lions)

4. Survival of species in modern times whose existence is only evident from fossil records. (Mokele Mbebe - Africa)

5. Existence of a particular species in a much later time period than originally thought. (woolly mammoths and saber tooth tigers sightings)

6. Previously extinct creatures with relation to existing species. (Megalodon and Andean Wolf)

7. Animals with no previous fossil records or any relation to existing species (Yeti)

8. Mythical beasts (dragons,gargoyles and griffons)

9. Creatures with paranormal origins. ( The Philippine "sigbin", the Mothman, and Fairies)

I am pretty well sure that there are many other ways to classify other "unnatural" creatures. Much more the fact that the world still hides a great many secrets from our prying eyes. I am still very new to this thing yet i feel compelled to share what i have learned no matter how very basic it is. Please feel free to share and critique. :)

You need to be a member of BooAlert to add comments!

Join BooAlert

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah, but other's are thinking that these creatures are normal creatures that are somehow related to dogs but are somewhat more intelligent.

Trey said:

The philippine sigbin - looks very much like a large kangaroo, a rabbit, or a big smoky black dog (it's a shapeshifter folks!). They are rumored to be demons (with contracts and all). They are also said to be able to locate and collect items that are otherwise impossible for normal people to find (precious herbs and such). I read about this critter a while back.

cryptozoology
    Cryptozoology as we all know is the study of creatures whose existence has not yet been proved scientifically or whose existence still lacks physical…
  • The philippine sigbin - looks very much like a large kangaroo, a rabbit, or a big smoky black dog (it's a shapeshifter folks!). They are rumored to be demons (with contracts and all). They are also said to be able to locate and collect items that are otherwise impossible for normal people to find (precious herbs and such). I read about this critter a while back.

This reply was deleted.