Dog from Hell!

This is the first time I've written about my experience in Cairo. My friends and I usually visit Saladin's Castle

3206778622?profile=originalonce or twice a month. It's an amazing place, and of course, with lots of history. Anyway, around the entrance of the castle there was an old, thin shabby dog. It looked like a cross between a golden labrador and mutt. It didn't bother anyone, except me. I guess it didn't like the looks of me. It started to come close while it growled and showed its teeth! Luckily, my friend stepped in front of me and the dog went away. As we were walking away, I looked back, and the dog went back to his spot in the sand and laid back down. It sent chills down my spine because I was the only one the dog seemed to have had a problem with. After spending a few hours at the castle, we decided to go downtown for lunch. There is a little restaurant that I like, and it is our usual habit to visit the castle then eat Kosheri. Downtown Cairo is a 30 -45 min drive (depending on traffic) from the castle. We arrived at the restaurant and in the corner of my eye I saw the same shabby dog near the entrance. I thought to myself, I was seeing things but that dog was there! My friend became spooked and thought it was gin (spirit) that hated me for whatever reason. While we were eating, we tried to logically figure out how this dog could have gotten there. It made us believe even more that it was a gin. When we left the restaurant the dog was gone. I am very thankful that my friend experienced this strange thing with me. We still talk about it from time to time and still have no explanation for it.

You need to be a member of BooAlert to add comments!

Join BooAlert

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well then, I'm crossing out Saladin's Castle off my list of places to see. 

They are considered to be harbingers of death or catastrophes.

Yes indeed. It would be catastrophic if the dang dog bit you and had rabies to boot! ugh!

• Hi Miharu. The thing is, most people feel that way about dogs. Maybe not the puking part- lol- but definitely the uneasy one.

• In Filipino Folklore, it isn't necessarily black nor its eyes glowing red. Buuuut, if the sight of the dog makes you puke, feel unnaturally cold and generally uneasy...it's something else. Folk round these parts often associate these ghost mutts to the devil and are known to be hyper intelligent and quite strong, and also they can shape shift.

• There is a dog legend? Keeps getting more 'creepy'. I wonder if the dog bites.....

• The black dog legend is common all throughout the world..predominantly in Britain and Asia. They are considered to be harbingers of death or catastrophes.

• very creepy

• That would have scared me s***less! I would chalk it up to this, demons hate anything good, so Mohammed consider yourself a good person! :>)

• Hi Mohammed! I've heard that demons can be in anything from animals, trees even inanimate objects such as statues. Your story sent chills down my spine reading it. I can't imagine how many ghost stories take place in Egypt every year. I would love to hear more of them. 

• It looks like we are going to have a fun trip! Maybe we should spend a couple of days in Cairo too. 

This reply was deleted.