Replies

• If you look at the discussion "WHAT IS IT that white wire??????" you'll see the full picture. This is such a NON-topic. You can clearly see the "wire" is the same color as the hair on the head of the girl in it.  It's a strand of hair.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

• I really think it's just a strand of fabric floating or maybe a strand attached on your lens the  moment you snapped the picture. I've seen other pictures of luminous snake like apparitions but this one doesn't seem to be paranormal.     

• A strand of hair. It even appears to have the follicle attached.

• Becca, take another picture from the same camera and see if you get the same image.

Betty said:

Makes sense.

http://booalert.com/forum/comment/show?id=6488787%3AComment%3A3640&xn_out=json&firstPage=1&lastPage…
  • Makes sense.

• Because the likelihood of it being paranormal is not all that great. This is probably not a "snake" or a "wire". This is likely a fiber on the lens. Either on the outer surface of the lens or the inner surface of the lens (if the camera has removable lenses).

Without any sort of context behind the image, without any history of the area, without a reason as to why you took that image at that moment in time, there is nothing that screams paranormal about the image. 

I submitted it to several Ghost Hunter groups that I deal with on a regular basis. And they all agree that unless there is some context, some history of the site/photograph, it is likely a cloth fiber on the lens.

And I really don't think you understand what I mean by the "feel" of an area.

Have you ever been out in the woods, at the seashore, a park or some place that when you for there and sat there for a few minutes you started feeling good. Started feeling more at peace, started feeling happy for no real reason other than the beauty of the location? That's a place that is an example of "positive energy" or a "positive feel".

A place with a negative feel or negative energies, is the reverse. It's a place when you go there something just does not seem right. There could be nothing obviously wrong with the area, it's a safe location, there are no strange sounds or smells...but for some reason it just does not feel right. 

These strange feelings are what tells me to photograph an area. That feeling of something wrong is a possible indicator that I might get something interesting if I take a photo of the area. 

• ok.. but how can i explain this strange wire or snake? Is it a demon or something negative which comes when there is negative “feel” for example, when i’m feeling bad and i say negative words?

P. Alex Kenlon said:

Dr. Sigmund Freud once said it best.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

The same holds as true for the paranormal as it does for psychology. I am a believer in the paranormal the same as anyone else here in this forum. I'm a Wiccan, I'm learning Rekki, and I have inherited the "sight" as my grandmother calls it. 

I've encountered stuff that I can't dismiss as being mundane in origin. 

This image on the other hand...I'm betting fiber based on the fact that the subject is sitting on something that looks rather fuzzy and prone to trap and to release dust and fibers. Especially if someone plops down on it. 

You are correct that cameras can not make stuff up. They image that which is there to be imaged. Being able to capture light that is outside the visual spectrum, cameras are a wonderful tool for picking up things that we can not see. Especially Digital Cameras which can see into the Infrared range that we can not. 

But not everything that is "odd" has a paranormal explanation. There are many things that "go bump in the night" that can be explained. This image if you were to take to anyone with an eye for the skeptical, be they a true non-believer or someone who is looking for something that the non-believers can easily dismiss are going to look at that image and say "Fiber".

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. 

How do you explain this? Please don’t say trashes
  • Dr. Sigmund Freud once said it best.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

The same holds as true for the paranormal as it does for psychology. I am a believer in the paranormal the same as anyone else here in this forum. I'm a Wiccan, I'm learning Rekki, and I have inherited the "sight" as my grandmother calls it. 

I've encountered stuff that I can't dismiss as being mundane in origin. 

This image on the other hand...I'm betting fiber based on the fact that the subject is sitting on something that looks rather fuzzy and prone to trap and to release dust and fibers. Especially if someone plops down on it. 

You are correct that cameras can not make stuff up. They image that which is there to be imaged. Being able to capture light that is outside the visual spectrum, cameras are a wonderful tool for picking up things that we can not see. Especially Digital Cameras which can see into the Infrared range that we can not. 

But not everything that is "odd" has a paranormal explanation. There are many things that "go bump in the night" that can be explained. This image if you were to take to anyone with an eye for the skeptical, be they a true non-believer or someone who is looking for something that the non-believers can easily dismiss are going to look at that image and say "Fiber".

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. 

• My camera had the lens cleaned and cameras can’t have fantasy to make this

• That sort of artifact is usually a fiber on the lens. The tiny fibers that are cast off of fabrics usually have that sort of squiggly line. You often see them in theaters before most of them went to digital.

This is why before I go ghost hunting I make sure that the lens is clean. And when I take a picture and I see something that looks like that I check the lens again. If there is anything on the lens, I dismiss the image. 

Not saying that this *is* just a fiber artifact, but without context of where you were, the sorts of hauntings in the area, your impressions of the area at the time...makes it hard to accept this just on the basis of one shot alone.

This reply was deleted.