The Garden of Eden was not a place literally here, but a parallel dimension that Adam and Eve was exiled from and placed into this one 6,000 years ago. This dimension being the one with the multi-billion year old Earth with inhabitants descended from Australopithecus and Neanderthal, who their children crossbred with.

This theory explains some anomalies in scripture:

"Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

"But the Lord said to him, “Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him." (Genesis 4:13-15)

LOLWUT? At this point the human population is supposed to be three (Adam, Eve, and Cain) It's apparent there were other sentient inhabitants around. Note that these other people are referred to as "who's" and not "what's."

"When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown." (Genesis 6:1-4)

Crossbreeding between Adam and Eve's children and the descendants of this dimension. 

So there you have it. Creationists and Science are BOTH correct. We live in a state of exile and this is obvious. Everything ranging from religion, cults, self help books, and New Age mysticism have been basically promising to get us back in the garden that we seek throughout or lives. The place of peace and harmony.

You need to be a member of BooAlert to add comments!

Join BooAlert

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah!Ellie had the guts to go out on a limb and share what her interpretations were of the scripture...that's hard to do nowadays especially with rightist christian groups that will lynch you for your own opinions, especially the ones that contradict theirs. The Bible has many a great lessons and information in it that are so full of introspection into our existence as human beings...people should not be scared to voice out what they think, as long as it is shared only in the nature of eliciting a discussion..a healthy and friendly discussion. :)

• Same thing here Abigail! But imagine what secrets God has not yet revealed to us about our universe, about our very existence. As for the article, at least it shows the writer's genuine interest in the Holy Scripture, and that for me is commendable.  

• I put my faith in the Bible over some atheist's conjecture.

• Interesting...makes me want to reread the bible....for the seventh time. hehe

This reply was deleted.