I know that some of you guys might not find this interesting, but i might give it a shot. So here are a list of unexpectedly scary video games i have played so far and some short comment on why i find them scary.
10. Skyrim - There are a lot situations and quests in the game that made me jump or a bit weird-ed out. Like that time when you were forced to hide in a coffin, temporarily sharing space with a talking goddess skeleton.
9. Minecraft - Some of them exploding creepers can and will jump out of corners all sudden like and has in more than one occasion has given me a mini heart attack.
8. Call Of Duty series: Zombie mode - Zombies....a zillion them, all hungry for your guts. Need i say more?
7. Doom 95 - Isn't really that scary based on today's standards but back in the 90's...just everything about the game kinda freaked me out. The music, the hopeless ending, and those really creepy, brown, fireball hurling imps.
6. Zelda games - The monster designs. I remember crying upon seeing those masked skeleton thingies while playing Ocarina of time.
5. Oblivion - Again, another elder scrolls game (i'm a huge fan). Aaaand again with the Dark brotherhood...because when you involve yourself with them, there will always be psychos and creeps around you.
4. Batman: Arkham Asylum - Sure, Arkham is in itself dark and eerie. But what takes the crown was that fight you had with the 40 foot Scarecrow.
3. Half - Life 1 - That giant yet impossibly large fish that had you alternating between gulping air and swinging your crowbar.
2. Fable - Meeting those demon doors for the first time.
1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Meant to be a post apocalyptic survival game of sorts set in Chernobyl and its surrounding areas. But seriously, everything in the game was somewhat meant to scare the heck out of anyone. Chased by a pack of mutated dogs, mauled by mutated boars, violated by psychic mutants causing your vision to involuntary zoom in and out of its face, the music, the foggy surrounding...everything will put you on edge.
Well there you have it. I hope you share yours too. :D